then we went half a world away to meet them.
when a mother looks at you with tears in her eyes and thanks you for helping her to not only feed and clothe her baby – but to KEEP her baby – how do you walk away unchanged? because of judah’s story, countless people across the country let us know that they wanted to fight against poverty and fight for children. friend after family member after stranger began contributing monthly to support the child survival program, and then last year we did a small fundraiser that raised over $5,000 that went directly to the women and children of the sadamo genet child survival program near addis.
but this year i’m so thrilled to announce something way bigger.
on october 21 from 4-7pm, allison lewis photography will be hosting a silent auction under the big tree at pablo’s (lee branch) – EEEEEK!!!
if that’s not enough to get you pumped, the incredibly talented – and newly engaged! – mandi mapes will be providing the entertainment and our sweet friends, jim and amy, at steel city pops will be providing dessert with all proceeds benefiting the CSP (1. i’m still trying to convince them to load the entire cart with strawberry cream pops and 2. if the cart goes missing from the event, it definitely won’t be in my garage. seriously.)
but wait! if the promise of amazing music and gourmet pops isn’t enough to get you there, this might do the trick. some wonderful friends and local businesses have already jumped on board and before the event was even official, we had the following items graciously donated:
- signed books by the NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR david platt
- signed books by the NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR francis chan
- a four-week iron tribe 101 course (valued at $350)
- a FREE newborn or baby session and $50 print credit through LB studios
- a jim ‘n nick’s gift certificate
- custom kitchen linens by sage hill designs
- a shane’s rib shack gift certificate
- custom children’s clothing from skipping stones designs & embroidery
- custom monogramming from jennymo designs
**for questions or ideas/suggestions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
further updates regarding new donations and reminders will be posted on my facebook page.**